By Katharina Manassis MD FRCPC
By P.A. Voûte, Ann Barrett, Michael C.G. Stevens, Hubert N. Caron
"Cancer in kids" introduces paediatric oncology in a transparent and concise method, protecting all of the attainable issues which can come up in the course of therapy and a number of the results of the disease. even supposing early life melanoma is uncommon, accounting for only 1% of all melanoma in industrialized international locations, it's certainly one of nice clinical curiosity for a few purposes. different types of melanoma are almost designated to adolescence, while the carcinomas most often obvious in adults are super infrequent between childrens. the most impressive growth in melanoma therapy has been made in paediatric oncology. research of formative years tumours has ended in significant advances within the realizing of the genetic aetiology of melanoma. "Cancer in teenagers" brings jointly a global staff of hugely revered editors and members who supply evidence-based details on easy methods to examine and deal with the typical cancers in formative years. state-of-the-art descriptions of what's easy and crucial for administration are incorporated; there are new chapters protecting destiny tendencies in melanoma chemotherapy, surgical procedure, palliative care, myeloid leukaemia, and malignant mesenchymal tumours; new editors, and lots of new members. geared toward paediatric oncologists, trainees in oncology and paediatrics, this e-book also will entice paediatric nurses, melanoma nurses, and paramedical paediatric employees.
By George W. Holcomb III, J. Patrick Murphy
Acclaimed for its unsurpassed clarity and attainable scope, Ashcraft's Pediatric surgical procedure offers authoritative, functional advice on treating the total variety of surgical difficulties in babies, teenagers, and young people. the recent fifth variation maintains this wonderful legacy with its completely up-to-date assurance of today's sizzling themes together with the elevated use of minimally invasive surgical procedure (MIS) for pediatric sufferers, urology, bariatric surgical procedure in young people, and evidence-based remedies and results in childrens. specialist seek advice functionality-new to this edition-offers handy entry to the whole contents of the ebook, in addition to bonus surgical movies that show the various new thoughts and methods from the textual content that can assist you refine your talents.
* Covers the whole variety of surgical difficulties in babies, kids, and kids, for accomplished counsel in a single handy resource.
* bargains assurance of minimally invasive surgical procedure, together with laparoscopy and thoracoscopy, outlining the professionals and cons of every approach.
* Discusses well timed subject matters similar to bariatric surgical procedure in teenagers and evidence-based remedies and results in children.
* contains surgical videos-many new to this edition-which display tips on how to practice key techniques.
* Emphasizes a scientific concentration for a vast spectrum of pediatric surgical issues, for insurance that goals the cloth most vital to you.
* includes a undemanding layout that makes evaluate effortless for certification and recertification exams.
* areas an elevated emphasis on minimally invasive surgical procedure, reflecting the shift from open to closed tactics that let for swifter restoration and higher outcomes.
* provides a brand new specialise in evidence-based remedies and results, equipping you with today's top practices.
* bargains the entire textual content on-line, absolutely searchable, in addition to all the illustrations downloadable to your own shows, and entry to surgical movies at expertconsult.com.
* comprises over 900 illustrations-more than part new to this edition-that depict today's most sensible surgical practice.
* offers on-line references associated with PubMed for simple entry to abstracts and entire textual content articles.
Your buy entitles you to entry the website till the following variation is released, or until eventually the present version is not any longer provided on the market via Elsevier, whichever happens first. Elsevier reserves the perfect to provide an appropriate alternative product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based digital model) may still entry to the website be discontinued.
By John M. Graham Jr. MD ScD, John M. Graham
Smith's Recognizable styles of Human Deformation is the one publication dedicated to the prognosis and administration of beginning defects caused by mechanical forces in past due gestation. It equips you with the evidenced-based tips you must interfere in a well timed and potent demeanour to prevent long term adversarial secondary consequences.
- Guides you thru the preliminary medical method of suspected deformation difficulties, after which walks you thru pathogenesis, diagnostic beneficial properties, administration, diagnosis, and counseling for every condition.
- Addresses an entire diversity of reduce extremity deformations · joint dislocations · nerve palsies · chest and spinal deformations · head and neck deformations · craniosynostoses and cranial bone diversifications · difficulties linked to irregular delivery presentation, delivery palsies, and procedure-related defects · baby head form diversifications and torticollis.
- Helps you to tell apart deformations from malformations so that you can deal with them appropriately.
By William Hay, Myron Levin, Robin Deterding, Visit Amazon's Mark Abzug Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, Mark Abzug,
Evidence-based details at the care of kids from start via formative years in an easy-to-use, find-it-now presentation
CURRENT analysis & remedy Pediatrics, 21e gives you concise, updated, and clinically appropriate insurance of ways to evaluate and deal with universal problems in teenagers. referred to as the on-the-go advisor to pediatrics, the e-book good points the easy-to-follow LANGE present define presentation, which is composed of: challenge, necessities of analysis and remedy, medical positive factors, therapy, diagnosis.
Written by means of skilled pediatricians to make sure that each bankruptcy displays the desires and realities of day by day perform, this is often a necessary source for pediatricians, family members practitioners, medical professional assistants, nurses and nurse practitioners, and the serious care unit.
- Emphasizes the scientific elements of pediatric care whereas additionally overlaying vital underlying rules
- presents a short, authoritative advisor to the prognosis, realizing, and remedy of a variety of pediatric health conditions
- comprises particular description of illnesses in addition to the diagnostic and healing methods
- geared up by means of normal issues in addition to through organ structures
- offered in time-saving LANGE CURENT define structure: challenge, necessities of analysis & commonplace positive factors, medical Findings, Differential analysis, therapy, analysis
- grants concise overviews of vital pediatric wellbeing and fitness matters, together with early life foodstuff and consuming problems, substance abuse, psychiatric problems, baby abuse, oral medication and dentistry, immunization, and emergencies and injuries
By Luanne Linnard-Palmer
Pediatric trauma and extensive care devices are populated with little ones from all walks of lifestyles who communicate a number of languages and feature varied customs and spiritual practices. they appear to their mom and dad to be their voice and to maintain them secure. mom and dad are typically a valued a part of the pediatric healthcare staff. yet what occurs while these mom and dad seem to be performing as adversaries instead of advocates? What occurs whilst mom and dad search to stick to their cultural or non secular customs to help their childÂ’s restoration, and people practices restrict or hold up smooth scientific remedies? This publication belongs within the fingers of each pediatric surgeon, in addition to social companies pros and clergy who take care of childrens and their households in those occasions. inside of, you'll study: * The heritage of 31 non secular businesses that experience tested objections to clinical remedies or diagnostic approaches. * different elements that inï¬‚uence parental refusal of clinical remedy. * The position of non secular and cultural ideals in glossy healthcare. * how one can successfully reply to a remedy refusal state of affairs. * how one can comprehend childrenÂ’s rights and the criminal and moral implications of pediatric healthcare. * while and the way to hunt criminal suggestion.
By Lloyd J. Brown, Lee T. Miller
Like different titles within the Board evaluation sequence, BRS Pediatrics is designed to supply scholars a powerful beginning for next studying in either basic care and subspecialty pediatrics. BRS Pediatrics beneficial properties: A finished review of the elemental ideas of pediatrics certain info for the pediatric subinternships and pediatric subspecialty rotations Case-based evaluate checks (simulating USMLE Step 2 questions) on the finish of every bankruptcy causes for the proper solutions and the inaccurate responses with cross-references to the precise textual content for pupil follow-up End-of-book finished 100-question exam you will find that BRS Pediatrics should be an critical source for the pediatric rotation, the tip of rotation examination, and the USMLE Step 2.