By Barbara T. Mates
There are many items in the market for making info obtainable to all clients, yet how can
administrators and executives be sure that are the main functional and low-budget for his or her particular
library? friends, former director of the Ohio Library for the Blind and bodily Disabled, strips away the
technical jargon and introduces dozens of the newest recommendations, together with undefined, software program, and peripherals.
This advisor might help readers
- Choose the goods which are most sensible for his or her association, with assistance from the evaluative commentary,
lists of providers, and extra assets included
- manage paintings stations and teach employees on tips to use assistive-technology equivalent to reveal readers, Braille
displays, keyboard recommendations, listening units, and more
- Meet compliance with regulatory companies whereas reaping benefits each member of the community
This sensitively written and useful guidebook can be an vital source for making sure that a
library s choices are available to each person.
Read or Download Assistive Technologies in the Library PDF
Best library management books
Examine DEWEY DECIMAL category (Edition 22) First North American version a realistic learn consultant For studying each element of Dewey Decimal type This mixed textual content and workbook covers the theories and ideas of Dewey Decimal category after which deals readers rapid perform in placing the knowledge to take advantage of.
Geared toward pros inside of Library and data providers (LIS), this ebook is ready the administration of know-how in a strategic context. The ebook is written opposed to a backdrop of the total transformation of LIS during the last two decades because of know-how. The publication goals to supply managers and scholars of LIS in any respect degrees with the required ideas, techniques and instruments to reply successfully and successfully to the consistent improvement of recent applied sciences, either regularly and in the Library and data companies career particularly.
A realistic consultant to present Institutional Repository (IR) matters, focussing on content material - either gaining and keeping it and what cultural matters must be addressed to make a winning IR. Importantly, the publication makes use of real-life stories to deal with and spotlight matters raised within the booklet. Written through a winning Institutional Repository undertaking managerThe writer has exact wisdom of Institutional Repository issuesDraws on sensible wisdom and adventure received from organisational use
This booklet presents a significant other quantity to electronic Library Economics and makes a speciality of the 'how to' of coping with electronic collections and prone (of all kinds) with reference to their financing and monetary administration. The emphasis is on case experiences and functional examples drawn from a wide selection of contexts.
- Global Resource Sharing
- From Lending to Learning. The Development and Extension of Public Libraries
- Museum, Archive, and Library Security
- Systems Science for Complex Policy Making: A Study of Indonesia
- Advanced Topics in Information Resources Management Series, Vol. 1
- New Roles for Research Librarians. Meeting the Expectations for Research Support
Additional info for Assistive Technologies in the Library
9. If color were removed, would the operating software still be functional? ) monitor or printed from 25 26 Creating Accessible Electronic Information a black-and-white printer, could users still effectively distinguish visual elements? Reference to color should not be the sole directive on pages. 10. If users can adjust screen colors, do the color choices allow for a variety of contrasts? Does the program allow users to change the background color, font color, contrast, and so forth, and does it offer a variety of basic and custom colors?
System Requirements The most important system requirement is a staff willing to understand the process of the interface. Often this task falls to one person, which would be acceptable if that person agreed to work around the clock. Although this technology is not difficult to comprehend, it does need to be understood by more than one person. When purchasing the computer framework for such assistive technologies as screen readers, the rule of thumb is to purchase the latest model, with the most memory, with at least two open USB ports, a large display monitor, and a high-quality graphics card.
For all its strength and comparable pricing, the product has spotty use in North America, although it is said to be growing with the availability of the Dolphin Pen. 11 Serotek Corporation System Access Standalone Another product line to consider comes from Serotek Corporation. The company was formed by users who are blind and wanted to offer others a quality product at a lower price than those in the marketplace.